CEILING MOUNT - STANDARD INSTALLATION
The first step is to determine if you are installation a single or multiple module luminaire.
You can download the installation guide (above) or use this page to guide you through the process.
The ceiling mount extrusion is included with all surface mounted luminaire and is designed be screwed fixed directly to the ceiling. The standard option includes a 1m power feed which enters/exits the Luminaire at the top 185mm from the end.
Some additional links you may find useful:
View Product | Ceiling Mount Standard Specification
For lengths up to 2540mm, we produce the luminaires from a single piece of aluminium. Lengths greater than or equal to 2680mm consist of several modules that can be easily connected on-site using joiners and pre-installed power connectors.
This modular approach simplifies accessibility during installation & helps reduce freight costs.
Feed & End modules used for lengths ≥2680mm
Mid module used for lengths ≥5065mm
Long lengths may have several mid modules.
Single Piece Luminaire Installation
CEILING MOUNT - STANDARD INSTALLATION
1) The ceiling mount extrusion (FIG 1.1) is included with all surface mounted luminaire and is designed be screwed fixed directly to the ceiling. The standard option includes a 1m power feed which enters/exits the Luminaire at the top 185mm from the end.
2) Screws should be drilled in through the central channel in suitable locations with structural ceiling support (FIG 1.2 & FIG 1.3).
3) Ensure ceiling mount extrusion is level.
4) Use a minimum of 3 screws per ceiling mount extrusion (up to 3metres length). More screw locations may be required depending on the ceiling type.
5) The luminaire power cable can be run inside the Ceiling Mount Extrusion channel to reach your ceiling power connection location shown in FIG 1.4, before being wired in directly:
A) If ceiling power connection is located at the power feed end of the luminaire the Ceiling Mount Extrusion can be shortened by ~30mm to allow ceiling access.
B) If ceiling power connection is not at the power feed end, a hole can be drilled through the Ceiling Mount Extrusion to allow cable exit. Grommets are required for any drilled hole to avoid cable damage (not included).
6) If diffuser is pre-installed, remove to reveal pre-drilled screw fixing points. FIG 1.5 shows approx screw locations.
7) The luminaire can now be clipped into ceiling mount extrusion. The Ceiling Mount Extrusion can help support the luminaire while the final screw fixing are made (FIG 1.2).
8) Tighten up each pair of these screws to secure the luminaire to the ceiling mount extrusion FIG 1.2 & FIG 1.5.
Multiple Module Luminaire Installation
1) Luminaire modules can be connected while resting on the ground/flat surface OR one at the time while being mounted.
For longer lengths Bright Light strongly recommend connecting pieces one at a time and mounting each before adding the next.
2) Clear enough space to lay out full luminaire in the correct order as per FIG 2.1 (above). Ensure surface is clear to avoid scratches.
3) Follow the Ceiling Mount - Standard installation steps under the single luminaire section (above) for each module section.
4) The electrical power connectors are built-in at joins between pieces. Power connectors match female to male as shown in FIG 2.1. These will be aligned and connected at the same time as the mechanical joiners.
5) Each join will have a set of internal mechanical joiners which come pre-mounted in the mid (if present) and end modules.
6) Internal joiners require screw access from below (diffuser side). This may involve pealing out a section of the diffuser (if pre-installed).
While connecting, luminaire modules should be aligned & firmly held together while the joiner screws on either side are tightened.
7) Step 6 will need to be repeated for all joins.
Reflective film is used inside the luminaire on either side of the gear trays and needs to fully cover the internal luminaire sides for uniform light output. This film is secured by slotting under the luminaire profile lip and against the LED board clips. Certain locations will have had the reflective film pushed back for access:
8) Ceiling mount screw locations - 180mm sections of reflective film will be used adjacent to ceiling mount screw locations with a removable arrow sticker showing the direction to slide film to cover screw location hole.
9) Physical module joins - 500mm sections are used over joins, these will be pushed back into the connecting mid or end module with a removable arrow sticker showing direction to slide in after the join connection is made. NOTE: The internal joiners create a slight bulge to the reflective film and film may need to be “moved” rather than “slid” in these locations.
DIFFUSER (Only fit once installation is completed.)
10) Replace or insert diffuser. Measure luminaire, then trim diffuser to exact luminaire length minus 10mm.
11) Luminaire end caps have a ledge with 5mm space underneath for the diffuser to prevent light bleed. Slot one end of diffuser under end cap ledge, then run along luminaire pressing diffuser in on both sides to achieve a flat surface. If pushed in too much, lift out section and press in again gently. When approx 200mm from the end of luminaire, gentle bend the diffuser over to allow the insertion of the end under the end cap ledge, then carefully press remaining diffuser in to create a flat surface.
12) While supporting luminaire, feed the power cable through desired power location hole & make any required electrical connections.