WALL MOUNT INSTALLATION
The first step is to determine if you are installation a single or multiple module luminaire.
You can download the installation guide (above) or use this page to guide you through the process.
Wall mount luminaire will have a 1m power feed which enters the fitting 185mm from the left side end (as standard). Depending on the on-site power location this cable may need to be fed along the back side of luminaire to the nearest power location.
Some additional links you may find useful:
View Product | Wall Mount Specification
For lengths up to 2540mm, we produce the luminaires from a single piece of aluminium. Lengths greater than or equal to 2680mm consist of several modules that can be easily connected on-site using joiners and pre-installed power connectors.
This modular approach simplifies accessibility during installation & helps reduce freight costs.
Feed & End modules used for lengths ≥2680mm
Mid module used for lengths ≥5065mm
Long lengths may have several mid modules.
Single Piece Luminaire Installation
WALL MOUNTED INSTALLATION
An Element 62 wall mount luminaire will have a 1 metre power feed as standard. The power cable will enter the fitting 185mm from the left side end (as standard). Depending on the on-site power location this cable may need to be fed along the back side of luminaire to the nearest power location.
1) Wall mount brackets attach to plates within the top suspension channel. The plates will come pre-fitted and are designed to slide along the top wall side channel to allow adjustment to suit wall studs. Just loosen screws and use a screw driver to slide to desired location.
2) Decide location for clips based off wall stud / support locations. Refer to maximum distances in FIG 1.1 below.
3) Using a level to ensure brackets are aligned, screw-fix wall mount brackets into wall studs with 2 × screws (not included).
4) Align wall mount plate location to match bracket location & tighten the two side locking screws. Remove the two central screws from the plates and keep on hand for step 6.
5) While supporting luminaire, feed the power cable through desired power location hole & make any required electrical connections.
6) While supporting, align luminaire underneath the wall mounted clips and refit the central screws going through the top bracket holes into the plate. Tighten to secure.
7) Repeat for all brackets before allowing them to take any weight.
Multiple Module Luminaire Installation
1) Luminaire modules can be connected while resting on the ground/flat surface OR one at the time while being mounted.
For longer lengths Bright Light strongly recommend connecting pieces one at a time and mounting each before adding the next.
2) Clear enough space to lay out full luminaire in the correct order as per FIG 2.1 (above). Ensure surface is clear to avoid scratches.
3) Follow the Suspension installation steps under the single luminaire section (above) for each module section.
4) The electrical power connectors are built-in at joins between pieces. Power connectors match female to male as shown in FIG 2.1. These will be aligned and connected at the same time as the mechanical joiners.
5) Each join will have two sets of mechanical joiners (internal & top) which come pre-mounted in the mid (if present) and end modules.
6) Internal joiners require screw access from below (diffuser side). This may involve pealing out a section of the diffuser (if pre-installed).
While connecting, luminaire modules should be aligned & firmly held together while the joiner screws on either side are tightened.
7) Top joiners require screw access from above. Luminaire pieces should be aligned & firmly pressed together while tightening the screws
8) Steps 6 & 7 will need to be repeated for all joins.
Reflective film is used inside the luminaire on either side of the gear trays and needs to fully cover the internal luminaire sides for uniform light output. This film is secured by slotting under the luminaire profile lip and against the LED board clips. Certain locations will have had the reflective film pushed back for access:
8) Physical module joins - 500mm sections are used over joins, these will be pushed back into the connecting mid or end module with a removable arrow sticker showing direction to slide in after the join connection is made. NOTE: The internal joiners create a slight bulge to the reflective film and film may need to be “moved” rather than “slid” in these locations.
DIFFUSER (Only fit once installation is completed.)
9) Replace or insert diffuser. Measure luminaire, then trim diffuser to exact luminaire length minus 10mm.
10) Luminaire end caps have a ledge with 5mm space underneath for the diffuser to prevent light bleed. Slot one end of diffuser under end cap ledge, then run along luminaire pressing diffuser in on both sides to achieve a flat surface. If pushed in too much, lift out section and press in again gently. When approx 200mm from the end of luminaire, gentle bend the diffuser over to allow the insertion of the end under the end cap ledge, then carefully press remaining diffuser in to create a flat surface.
12) While supporting luminaire, feed the power cable through desired power location hole & make any required electrical connections.